Help Now >
8 thought-provoking Easter quotes to inspire
We all love to celebrate Easter with brightly colored hard boiled eggs, candy, cute pictures of bunnies and chicks and we all love to gather together to party!
Regardless of how you celebrate Easter, don't forget the real reason for the holiday.
Help Now >
Easter is more than eggs and bunnies.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Jesus Christ lived a life without sin and selflessly gave it away for our sake.
It's easy to remember that Easter is the celebration of Jesus' resurrection and prevalence over sin, but too often we chalk it up to a simple: "Thanks for saving me Jesus!"
1. Jesus said: I am the resurrection. Anyone who believes in me, even though that person dies, will live, and whoever lives and believes in me will never die...-John 11:25-26
2. "A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act." -Mahatma Gandhi
3. "God loves each of us as if there were only one of us." - St. Augustine
4. "If man had his way, the plan of redemption would be an endless and bloody conflict. In reality, salvation was bought not by Jesus' fist, but by His nail-pierced hands; not by muscle but by love; not by vengeance but by forgiveness; not by force but by sacrifice. Jesus Christ our Lord surrendered in order that He might win; He destroyed His enemies by dying for them and conquered death by allowing death to conquer Him." - A.W. Tozer
Christ died for our sins so we can reach an eternal life in Heaven (YouTube).
6. "Easter was when Hope in person surprised the whole world by coming forward from the future into the present." - N.T. Wright
7. "The joyful news that He is risen does not change the contemporary world. Still before us lie work, discipline, sacrifice. But the fact of Easter gives us the spiritual power to do the work, accept the discipline, and make the sacrifice." - Henry Knox Sherrill
8. "Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song." - Pope John Paul II
Like our list? Check out our other top lists on Classic movies every Catholic teen should watch, 5 New Year's resolutions all Catholics should aspire to, Christmas Trees Around the World, sex, lifting your spirits, dealing with anger, love, common misquotes, how to give and healing.
Help Now >
Copyright 2021 - Distributed by Catholic Online
Join the Movement
When you sign up below, you don't just join an email list - you're joining an entire movement for Free world class Catholic education.
Mysteries of the Rosary
Saint of the Day for Saturday, June 25th, 2022
Litany of the Blessed Virgin Mary
St. William of Vercelli
Prayer of the Day for Saturday, June 25
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony
Saint Feast Days in June
7 Morning Prayers you need to get your day started with God
- Daily Readings for Saturday, June 25, 2022
- St. William of Vercelli: Saint of the Day for Saturday, June 25, 2022
- The Apostles' Creed: Prayer of the Day for Saturday, June 25, 2022
- Daily Readings for Friday, June 24, 2022
- St. John the Baptist: Saint of the Day for Friday, June 24, 2022
- Prayer to Our Lady of Lourdes: Prayer of the Day for Friday, June 24, 2022
Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2021 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.