8 thought-provoking Easter quotes to inspire
We all love to celebrate Easter with brightly colored hard boiled eggs, candy, cute pictures of bunnies and chicks and we all love to gather together to party!
Regardless of how you celebrate Easter, don't forget the real reason for the holiday.
Easter is more than eggs and bunnies.
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - Jesus Christ lived a life without sin and selflessly gave it away for our sake.
It's easy to remember that Easter is the celebration of Jesus' resurrection and prevalence over sin, but too often we chalk it up to a simple: "Thanks for saving me Jesus!"
1. Jesus said: I am the resurrection. Anyone who believes in me, even though that person dies, will live, and whoever lives and believes in me will never die...-John 11:25-26
2. "A man who was completely innocent, offered himself as a sacrifice for the good of others, including his enemies, and became the ransom of the world. It was a perfect act." -Mahatma Gandhi
3. "God loves each of us as if there were only one of us." - St. Augustine
4. "If man had his way, the plan of redemption would be an endless and bloody conflict. In reality, salvation was bought not by Jesus' fist, but by His nail-pierced hands; not by muscle but by love; not by vengeance but by forgiveness; not by force but by sacrifice. Jesus Christ our Lord surrendered in order that He might win; He destroyed His enemies by dying for them and conquered death by allowing death to conquer Him." - A.W. Tozer
Christ died for our sins so we can reach an eternal life in Heaven (YouTube).
6. "Easter was when Hope in person surprised the whole world by coming forward from the future into the present." - N.T. Wright
7. "The joyful news that He is risen does not change the contemporary world. Still before us lie work, discipline, sacrifice. But the fact of Easter gives us the spiritual power to do the work, accept the discipline, and make the sacrifice." - Henry Knox Sherrill
8. "Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song." - Pope John Paul II
Like our list? Check out our other top lists on Classic movies every Catholic teen should watch, 5 New Year's resolutions all Catholics should aspire to, Christmas Trees Around the World, sex, lifting your spirits, dealing with anger, love, common misquotes, how to give and healing.
Copyright 2018 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for APRIL 2018
For those who have Responsibility in Economic Matters. That economists may have the courage to reject any economy of exclusion and know how to open new paths.
More Lent & Easter
'So it is written that the Christ would suffer and on the third day rise from the dead'
Easter / Lent News
Christ is risen! Truly, he is risen! Jesus Christ has conquered sin and death. We know that God has the final word. And that word is love. ... continue reading
Though it started out from a revelation that was made by Jesus to Saint Faustina, it is now an official feast in the Catholic Church. ... continue reading
On Easter morning Pope Francis said God's announcement to his people always comes as a surprise, like the shock of the disciples who found ... continue reading
During his Urbi et Orbi Easter blessing, Pope Francis said Jesus' death and resurrection provide hope to a world marred by conflict, ... continue reading
The Easter Bunny is a symbol of Easter that is popular in western culture, especially with children. According to folklore, the Easter ... continue reading
by Catholic Online
- New rules for Colorado Civil Rights board after SCOTUS bakery case
- Commit yourself to ending war this Memorial Day
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 29th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 28th, 2018 HD Video
- St. Augustine of Canterbury: Saint of the Day for Sunday, May 27, 2018
- Daily Readings for Sunday, May 27, 2018
- Another victory for life! California court rejects assisted suicide ...
- American websites blocking Europeans over new data laws HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - 'The Word Became Flesh' John 1:1-14 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, May 27th, 2018 HD
- An Ebola outbreak has reached a major city, hereĂ˘Â€Â™s why that matters HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education