Revelation - Chapter 22
2 Down the middle of the city street, on either bank of the river were the trees of life, which bear twelve crops of fruit in a year, one in each month, and the leaves of which are the cure for the nations.
8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. When I had heard and seen them all, I knelt at the feet of the angel who had shown them to me, to worship him;
9 but he said, 'Do no such thing: I am your fellow-servant and the fellow-servant of your brothers the prophets and those who keep the message of this book. God alone you must worship.'
10 This, too, he said to me, 'Do not keep the prophecies in this book a secret, because the Time is close.
16 I, Jesus, have sent my angel to attest these things to you for the sake of the churches. I am the sprig from the root of David and the bright star of the morning.
17 The Spirit and the Bride say, 'Come!' Let everyone who listens answer, 'Come!' Then let all who are thirsty come: all who want it may have the water of life, and have it free.
20 The one who attests these things says: I am indeed coming soon. Amen; come, Lord Jesus.
Reading 1, Joshua 3:7-10, 11, 13-17: 7 Yahweh said to Joshua, 'This very day, I shall ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 114:1-2, 3-4, 5-6: 1 Alleluia! When Israel came out of Egypt, ... Gospel, Matthew 18:21--19:1: 21 Then Peter went up to him and said, 'Lord, how often must ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Friday, August 18, 2017
- Sen. Bob Corker joins ranks of seditious who want to overthrow a ...
- Feeling down? Here's how to change YOUR LIFE and THE WORLD from Navy ...
- Article V could be invoked. Here's what you need to know about it HD ...
- Ten year old girl gives birth following rape in India
- St. Helena: Saint of the Day for Friday, August 18, 2017
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, August 19th, 2017 HD
- Pro-life wins in Texas with new law to protect religious freedom and the unborn HD
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD