Revelation - Chapter 15
2 I seemed to be looking at a sea of crystal suffused with fire, and standing by the lake of glass, those who had fought against the beast and won, and against his statue and the number which is his name. They all had harps from God,
3 and they were singing the hymn of Moses, the servant of God, and the hymn of the Lamb: How great and wonderful are all your works, Lord God Almighty; upright and true are all your ways, King of nations.
6 and out came the seven angels with the seven plagues, wearing pure white linen, fastened round their waists with belts of gold.
Reading 1, Isaiah 49:8-15: 8 Thus says Yahweh: At the time of my favour I have answered ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:8-9, 13-14, 17-18: 8 Yahweh is tenderness and pity, slow to ... Gospel, John 5:17-30: 17 His answer to them was, 'My Father still goes on working, and I ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Newborn rescued from shallow grave as India murders its daughters
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD Video
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 29
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- St. Berthold: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Victims of a failing system or child abusers? Couple leaves young ...
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.