Revelation - Chapter 21
2 I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride dressed for her husband.
8 But the legacy for cowards, for those who break their word, or worship obscenities, for murderers and the sexually immoral, and for sorcerers, worshippers of false gods or any other sort of liars, is the second death in the burning lake of sulphur.'
10 In the spirit, he carried me to the top of a very high mountain, and showed me Jerusalem, the holy city, coming down out of heaven from God.
15 The angel that was speaking to me was carrying a gold measuring rod to measure the city and its gates and wall.
16 The plan of the city is perfectly square, its length the same as its breadth. He measured the city with his rod and it was twelve thousand furlongs, equal in length and in breadth, and equal in height.
23 and the city did not need the sun or the moon for light, since it was lit by the radiant glory of God, and the Lamb was a lighted torch for it.
26 and the nations will come, bringing their treasure and their wealth.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 49:6-7, 8-10, 17-18, 19-20
Gospel, Luke 8:1-3
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- It's time to regulate Facebook and other social media
- North Korea threatens to test H-Bomb over Pacific
- St. Padre Pio: Saint of the Day for Saturday, September 23, 2017
- At UN, the Vatican asks all nations to help in fight against human ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, September 23, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD