15 amazing summer hacks you can't go on vacation without
FREE Catholic Classes
Whether you are headed over to an exotic island in the tropics or off to some beautiful scenic destination in Europe for the summer, be sure to use some of these cool tips that will come in handy for you and the rest of your family.
MUNTINLUPA, PHILIPPINES (Catholic Online) -
From soothing your sunburn to preventing sand from staying stuck on you, and keeping your valuables safe, below are some more cool tips you can consider while enjoying a fun-filled summer without the hassles:
Never skip using sunblock especially during long periods of sun exposure
1. Keep your sun block separate from your other things. Bring an extra re-sealable bag to place your sun block in to avoid it from spilling over on other items inside.
2. Store your valuables in secret containers. You can utilize your sun block and lip balm bottles or containers to hide your money, jewelries and keys.
3. You can use baby oil as an alternative for insect repellant, which emit a horrible scent. Baby oil is budget-friendly, too.
4. For a sunburn, you can resort to natural yogurt. Besides soothing burns, it is quite easy to come by for your holiday emergencies.
5. Another alternative treatment to sunburn is iced tea. It is known for its soothing effect once applied on skin.
6. Lemon and coconut oil can help lighten your hair safely and naturally. It is cheaper compared to getting salon highlights.
7. Have a stock of healthy snacks. Once we are exposed to the sun's rays, we can easily get dehydrated. Eating fruits and vegetables that contain more water can keep you hydrated.
8. To avoid burning your feet, leave your slippers or flip-flops face down when not being used.
9. Place your phones in re-sealable bags for protection. Protect your phones from sand and water by placing them inside re-sealable plastic bags. Bring an additional bag for your camera.
10. Use baby powder to instantly dust off sand from your body.
You can use baby powder to effortlessly dust off sand from your skin
11. Bring dryer sheets in your suitcase. Dryer sheets not only keep your clothes fresh, they also help repel insects. Leave some with your towel to avoid insects on the beach.
12. Coconut oil can help you control frizzy hair. Avoid having tangled frizzy hair by applying some coconut oil. Prepare a mixture of coconut oil and water then spray it on your hair to keep it healthy.
13. Bring along your favorite paperback. Bringing a traditional book in the beach is still different from just having a read from your favorite novel using your e-reader, plus your book can also keep your towel from being blown away by the wind in the beach.
14. For creating extra space, you can make pockets in your beach towel. Sew squares onto it to create the extra pockets.
15. Avoid damage to your powder and blush by placing some cotton pads in the containers.
Copyright 2019 - Distributed by THE CALIFORNIA NETWORK
Copyright 2020 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2020 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Catholic Online is a Project of Your Catholic Voice Foundation, a Not-for-Profit Corporation. Your Catholic Voice Foundation has been granted a recognition of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Federal Tax Identification Number: 81-0596847. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.