Amos - Chapter 4
7 I even withheld the rain from you full three months before harvest-time; I caused rain to fall in one town and caused no rain to fall in another; one field was rained on and the next for want of rain dried up;
10 I sent plague on you like Egypt's plague, I slaughtered your young men with the sword and at the same time your horses were captured; I filled your nostrils with the stench of your camps and still you would not come back to me -declares Yahweh.
11 I overturned you as God overturned Sodom and Gomorrah; you were like a brand snatched from the blaze and still you would not come back to me -declares Yahweh.
13 For look, he it is who forges the mountains, creates the wind, who reveals his mind to humankind, changes the dawn into darkness and strides on the heights of the world: Yahweh, God Sabaoth, is his name.
Reading 1, Genesis 13:2, 5-18: 2 Abram was very rich in livestock, silver and gold.5 Lot, ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 15:2-3, 3-4, 5: 2 Whoever lives blamelessly, who acts ... Gospel, Matthew 7:6, 12-14: 6 'Do not give dogs what is holy; and do not throw your pearls ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Irenaeus: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- New social media algorithm can predict the future
- Cyber-attack hitting USA right now, experts fear could turn deadly in ...
- How decaf coffee destroyed the ozone layer, you monsters
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, June 28, 2017
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the ...
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD