Amos - Chapter 7
2 When they had eaten all the grass in the land, I said, 'Lord Yahweh, forgive, I beg you. How can Jacob survive, being so small?'
5 when I said, 'Lord Yahweh, stop, I beg you. How can Jacob survive, being so small?'
7 This is what he showed me: the Lord standing by a wall, with a plumb-line in his hand.
12 To Amos himself Amaziah said, 'Go away, seer, take yourself off to Judah, earn your living there, and there you can prophesy!
13 But never again will you prophesy at Bethel, for this is a royal sanctuary, a national temple.'
14 'I am not a prophet,' Amos replied to Amaziah, 'nor do I belong to a prophetic brotherhood. I am merely a herdsman and dresser of sycamore-figs.
16 So now listen to what Yahweh says: "You say: Do not prophesy against Israel, do not foretell doom on the House of Isaac!"
17 Very well, this is what Yahweh says, "Your wife will become a prostitute in the streets, your sons and daughters will fall by the sword, your land will be parcelled out by measuring line, and you yourself will die on polluted soil and Israel will go into captivity far from its own land!"'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 100:2, 3, 4, 5
Gospel, Luke 8:4-15
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- At UN, the Vatican asks all nations to help in fight against human ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- It's time to regulate Facebook and other social media
- Martyrs of Chalcedon: Saint of the Day for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- Daily Readings for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- North Korea threatens to test H-Bomb over Pacific
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD