Amos - Chapter 5
3 For Lord Yahweh says this: The town which used to put a thousand in the field will be left with a hundred, and the one which used to put a hundred will be left with ten, to fight for the House of Israel.
8 He it is who makes the Pleiades and Orion, who turns shadow dark as death into morning and day to darkest night, who summons the waters of the sea and pours them over the surface of the land. Yahweh is his name.
11 For trampling on the poor man and for extorting levies on his wheat: although you have built houses of dressed stone, you will not live in them; although you have planted pleasant vineyards, you will not drink wine from them:
13 That is why anyone prudent keeps silent now, since the time is evil.
16 Therefore Yahweh Sabaoth, the Lord, says this: In every public square there will be lamentation, in every street they will cry out, 'Alas! Alas!' The farmer will be called on to mourn, the professional mourners to lament,
20 Will not the Day of Yahweh be darkness, not light, totally dark, without a ray of light?
22 When you bring me burnt offerings . . . your oblations, I do not accept them and I do not look at your communion sacrifices of fat cattle.
23 Spare me the din of your chanting, let me hear none of your strumming on lyres,
24 but let justice flow like water, and uprightness like a never-failing stream!
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 56:2-3, 9-10, 10-12, 13-14
Gospel, Mark 3:7-12
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- St. Volusian: Saint of the Day for Thursday, January 18, 2018
- Daily Readings for Thursday, January 18, 2018
- President Trump declares 'Religious Freedom Day'
- Daily Reading for Friday, January 19th, 2018 HD Video
- Pope Francis in Chile: the beatitudes are sources of hope!
- North and South Korea agree to march together at Olympics -- is that ...
- North and South Korea agree to march together at the Olympics with ...
- CDC: Swine flu joining killer influenza outbreak, expected to become more severe HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 18th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 17th, 2018 HD
- Twitter Ban: Censorship on "a way of talking" -- does that include Christian speech? HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way