Ecclesiastes - Chapter 3
1 There is a season for everything, a time for every occupation under heaven:
10 I contemplate the task that God gives humanity to labour at.
11 All that he does is apt for its time; but although he has given us an awareness of the passage of time, we can grasp neither the beginning nor the end of what God does.
12 I know there is no happiness for a human being except in pleasure and enjoyment through life.
13 And when we eat and drink and find happiness in all our achievements, this is a gift from God.
16 Again I observe under the sun: crime is where justice should be, the criminal is where the upright should be.
18 I think to myself: where human beings are concerned, this is so that God can test them and show them that they are animals.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6
Gospel, Luke 8:16-18
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Monday, September 25, 2017
- 50 years of Israeli occupation - enough is enough!
- Trump speech rocks the NFL, protests spread, but who's right?
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD Video
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Elizabeth Warren - Another liberal hypocrite, scam artist exposed
- St. Finbar: Saint of the Day for Monday, September 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD