Ecclesiastes - Chapter 5
1 Be in no hurry to speak; do not hastily declare yourself before God; for God is in heaven, you on earth. Be sparing, then, of speech:
3 If you make a vow to God, discharge it without delay, for God has no love for fools. Discharge your vow.
5 Do not allow your mouth to make a sinner of you, and do not say to the messenger that it was a mistake. Why give God occasion to be angry with you and ruin all the work that you have done?
7 If in a province you see the poor oppressed, fair judgement and justice violated, do not be surprised, for over every official there watches a higher official, and over these, higher officials still.
11 The labourer's sleep is sweet, whether he has eaten little or much, but the surfeit of the rich will not let him sleep at all.
14 Naked from his mother's womb he came; as naked as he came will he depart; not one of his achievements can he take with him.
18 And whenever God gives someone riches and property, with the ability to enjoy them and to find contentment in work, this is a gift from God.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 122:1-2, 3-4, 4-5
Gospel, Luke 8:19-21
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Church tricked into hosting satanic fashion show
- Humanitarian crisis worsens in Puerto Rico HD Video
- Prayers for Puerto Rico - Residents without food, water or ...
- Pope Francis speaks about 'Love of Neighbor'
- Sts. Cosmas & Damian: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD Video
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD