Hebrews - Chapter 10
1 So, since the Law contains no more than a reflection of the good things which were still to come, and no true image of them, it is quite incapable of bringing the worshippers to perfection, by means of the same sacrifices repeatedly offered year after year.
5 and that is why he said, on coming into the world: You wanted no sacrifice or cereal offering, but you gave me a body.
6 You took no pleasure in burnt offering or sacrifice for sin;
8 He says first You did not want what the Law lays down as the things to be offered, that is: the sacrifices, the cereal offerings, the burnt offerings and the sacrifices for sin, and you took no pleasure in them;
11 Every priest stands at his duties every day, offering over and over again the same sacrifices which are quite incapable of taking away sins.
14 By virtue of that one single offering, he has achieved the eternal perfection of all who are sanctified.
15 The Holy Spirit attests this to us, for after saying:
18 When these have been forgiven, there can be no more sin offerings.
19 We have then, brothers, complete confidence through the blood of Jesus in entering the sanctuary,
23 Let us keep firm in the hope we profess, because the one who made the promise is trustworthy.
24 Let us be concerned for each other, to stir a response in love and good works.
29 and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment.
37 Only a little while now, a very little while, for come he certainly will before too long.
39 We are not the sort of people who draw back, and are lost by it; we are the sort who keep faith until our souls are saved.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 80:2-3, 5-7
Gospel, Mark 3:20-21
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- Cardinal Dolan asks the faithful to pray against 'powers of darkness' ...
- 5 Things You Need To Know About 'Offering A Mass' For A Loved One
- Daily Readings for Sunday, January 21, 2018
- Most Americans want abortion restricted, if not outlawed
- St. Agnes: Saint of the Day for Sunday, January 21, 2018
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 21st, 2018 HD
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, January 20th, 2018 HD
Slow Burning Virtual Prayer Candle
Your contribution helps to maintain this corner of Catholic ... @ $11.25
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education