Hebrews - Chapter 3
3 but he deserves a greater glory than Moses, just as the builder of a house is more honoured than the house itself.
4 Every house is built by someone, of course; but God built everything that exists.
7 That is why, as the Holy Spirit says: If only you would listen to him today!
8 Do not harden your hearts, as at the rebellion, as at the time of testing in the desert,
10 for forty years. That was why that generation sickened me and I said, 'Always fickle hearts, that cannot grasp my ways!'
11 And then in my anger I swore that they would never enter my place of rest.
12 Take care, brothers, that none of you ever has a wicked heart, so unbelieving as to turn away from the living God.
13 Every day, as long as this today lasts, keep encouraging one another so that none of you is hardened by the lure of sin,
14 because we have been granted a share with Christ only if we keep the grasp of our first confidence firm to the end.
16 who was it who listened and then rebelled? Surely all those whom Moses led out of Egypt.
Reading 1, Exodus 20:1-17: 1 Then God spoke all these words. He said,2 'I am Yahweh your ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 19:8, 9, 10, 11: 8 The precepts of Yahweh are honest, joy for ... Gospel, Matthew 13:18-23: 18 'So pay attention to the parable of the sower.19 When anyone ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Why can't Republicans repeal Obamacare? HD Video
- Why can't Republicans repeal Obamacare? Maverick senators, for one
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 1st, 2017 HD Video
- Science confirms what Biblical scholars already know - the conquest ...
- Doctors test CRISPR technique on babies, then abort them
- St. Innocent I: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 31st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 30th, 2017 HD
- What can you expect when you die? Science provides an answer HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 29th, 2017 HD