1 Timothy - Chapter 6
1 Timothy Chapters
1 All those under the yoke of slavery must have unqualified respect for their masters, so that the name of God and our teaching are not brought into disrepute.
2 Those whose masters are believers are not to respect them less because they are brothers; on the contrary, they should serve them all the better, since those who have the benefit of their services are believers and dear to God. This is what you are to teach and urge.
4 is proud and has no understanding, but rather a weakness for questioning everything and arguing about words. All that can come of this is jealousy, contention, abuse and evil mistrust;
10 'The love of money is the root of all evils' and there are some who, pursuing it, have wandered away from the faith and so given their souls any number of fatal wounds.
11 But, as someone dedicated to God, avoid all that. You must aim to be upright and religious, filled with faith and love, perseverance and gentleness.
16 who alone is immortal, whose home is in inaccessible light, whom no human being has seen or is able to see: to him be honour and everlasting power. Amen.
17 Instruct those who are rich in this world's goods that they should not be proud and should set their hopes not on money, which is untrustworthy, but on God who gives us richly all that we need for our happiness.
20 My dear Timothy, take great care of all that has been entrusted to you. Turn away from godless philosophical discussions and the contradictions of the 'knowledge' which is not knowledge at all;
21 by adopting this, some have missed the goal of faith. Grace be with you.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:10-11, 12-13, 17-18
Gospel, Luke 10:1-9
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Being Christian now more dangerous than ever as persecution reaches ...
- St. Luke: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, October 20th, 2017 HD Video
- Wealthy donors seek to destroy your religious freedom
- It was the Clintons! Clinton family took millions in bribes from ...
- Secretary denies Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI is close to passing
- Daily Reading for Thursday, October 19th, 2017 HD
- Museum of the Bible to open in Washington D.C., here's what you want to know HD
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles reported HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way