1 Timothy - Chapter 2
1 Timothy Chapters
2 for kings and others in authority, so that we may be able to live peaceful and quiet lives with all devotion and propriety.
3 To do this is right, and acceptable to God our Saviour:
4 he wants everyone to be saved and reach full knowledge of the truth.
6 who offered himself as a ransom for all. This was the witness given at the appointed time,
8 In every place, then, I want the men to lift their hands up reverently in prayer, with no anger or argument.
10 their adornment is to do the good works that are proper for women who claim to be religious.
11 During instruction, a woman should be quiet and respectful.
Reading 1, Isaiah 56:1, 6-7: 1 Thus says Yahweh: Make fair judgement your concern, act ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8: 2 Then the earth will acknowledge your ways, ... Gospel, Matthew 15:21-28: 21 Jesus left that place and withdrew to the region of Tyre and ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD Video
- New Jersey Mayor dismantles shrine to Our Lady of Guadalupe
- St. Bernard of Clairvaux: Saint of the Day for Sunday, August 20, 2017
- Pope Francis calls for prayers following terror attacks in Spain, Finland
- Daily Readings for Sunday, August 20, 2017
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug ...
- Mother shares heartbreaking photo of her dying daughter as she pulls ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 20th, 2017 HD
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ill Charlie HD