1 Timothy - Chapter 1
1 Timothy Chapters
3 When I was setting out for Macedonia I urged you to stay on in Ephesus to instruct certain people not to spread wrong teaching
5 The final goal at which this instruction aims is love, issuing from a pure heart, a clear conscience and a sincere faith.
8 We are well aware that the Law is good, but only provided it is used legitimately,
9 on the understanding that laws are not framed for people who are upright. On the contrary, they are for criminals and the insubordinate, for the irreligious and the wicked, for the sacrilegious and the godless; they are for people who kill their fathers or mothers and for murderers,
11 that accords with the gospel of the glory of the blessed God, the gospel that was entrusted to me.
13 even though I used to be a blasphemer and a persecutor and contemptuous. Mercy, however, was shown me, because while I lacked faith I acted in ignorance;
16 and if mercy has been shown to me, it is because Jesus Christ meant to make me the leading example of his inexhaustible patience for all the other people who were later to trust in him for eternal life.
18 Timothy, my son, these are the instructions that I am giving you, in accordance with the words once spoken over you by the prophets, so that in their light you may fight like a good soldier
20 I mean men like Hymenaeus and Alexander, whom I have handed over to Satan so that they may learn not to be blasphemous.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 25:4-5, 6-7, 8-9
Gospel, Mark 1:14-20
Reading 2, First Corinthians 7:29-31
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Monday, January 22, 2018
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- How do men feel about ABORTION?
- Look to the Star and Call Upon Mary - She Shows Us the Way Home
- 45th Annual March for Life: What happened at this year's important march?
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD Video
- St. Vincent Pallotti: Saint of the Day for Monday, January 22, 2018
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 23rd, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, January 21st, 2018 HD
- Jobless claims are down - what does that mean for workers? HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, January 20th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education