Ephesians - Chapter 4
1 I, the prisoner in the Lord, urge you therefore to lead a life worthy of the vocation to which you were called.
2 With all humility and gentleness, and with patience, support each other in love.
4 There is one Body, one Spirit, just as one hope is the goal of your calling by God.
6 and one God and Father of all, over all, through all and within all.
7 On each one of us God's favour has been bestowed in whatever way Christ allotted it.
8 That is why it says: He went up to the heights, took captives, he gave gifts to humanity.
10 The one who went down is none other than the one who went up above all the heavens to fill all things.
14 Then we shall no longer be children, or tossed one way and another, and carried hither and thither by every new gust of teaching, at the mercy of all the tricks people play and their unscrupulousness in deliberate deception.
15 If we live by the truth and in love, we shall grow completely into Christ, who is the head
16 by whom the whole Body is fitted and joined together, every joint adding its own strength, for each individual part to work according to its function. So the body grows until it has built itself up in love.
19 Their sense of right and wrong once dulled, they have abandoned all self-control and pursue to excess every kind of uncleanness.
21 unless you failed to hear him properly when you were taught what the truth is in Jesus.
22 You were to put aside your old self, which belongs to your old way of life and is corrupted by following illusory desires.
23 Your mind was to be renewed in spirit
25 So from now on, there must be no more lies. Speak the truth to one another, since we are all parts of one another.
28 Anyone who was a thief must stop stealing; instead he should exert himself at some honest job with his own hands so that he may have something to share with those in need.
29 No foul word should ever cross your lips; let your words be for the improvement of others, as occasion offers, and do good to your listeners;
31 Any bitterness or bad temper or anger or shouting or abuse must be far removed from you -- as must every kind of malice.
32 Be generous to one another, sympathetic, forgiving each other as readily as God forgave you in Christ.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:2-3, 8-9, 17-18
Gospel, Matthew 20:1-16
Reading 2, Philippians 1:20-24, 27
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- At UN, the Vatican asks all nations to help in fight against human ...
- It's time to regulate Facebook and other social media
- North Korea threatens to test H-Bomb over Pacific
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Martyrs of Chalcedon: Saint of the Day for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD