Ephesians - Chapter 3
8 I, who am less than the least of all God's holy people, have been entrusted with this special grace, of proclaiming to the gentiles the unfathomable treasure of Christ
9 and of throwing light on the inner workings of the mystery kept hidden through all the ages in God, the Creator of everything.
10 The purpose of this was, that now, through the Church, the principalities and ruling forces should learn how many-sided God's wisdom is,
14 This, then, is what I pray, kneeling before the Father,
15 from whom every fatherhood, in heaven or on earth, takes its name.
16 In the abundance of his glory may he, through his Spirit, enable you to grow firm in power with regard to your inner self,
17 so that Christ may live in your hearts through faith, and then, planted in love and built on love,
Reading 1, Acts 16:22-34: 22 The crowd joined in and showed its hostility to them, so the ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 138:1-2, 2-3, 7-8: 1 [Of David] I thank you, Yahweh, with all ... Gospel, John 16:5-11: 5 but now I am going to the one who sent me. Not one of you asks, ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Thursday, May 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Which unique characteristic lies within Pope Francis' new cardinals?
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- St. David I of Scotland: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, May 24, 2017
- A message from Heaven: God is the only way to peace
- Bomb explodes during Ariana Grande concert full of young fans HD Video
- How bad is religious freedom in the U.S.? Supreme Court Justice Alito ...
- St. John Baptist de Rossi HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 HD
- Fatima apparitions to be featured in dramatic new film HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.