Ephesians - Chapter 3
8 I, who am less than the least of all God's holy people, have been entrusted with this special grace, of proclaiming to the gentiles the unfathomable treasure of Christ
9 and of throwing light on the inner workings of the mystery kept hidden through all the ages in God, the Creator of everything.
10 The purpose of this was, that now, through the Church, the principalities and ruling forces should learn how many-sided God's wisdom is,
14 This, then, is what I pray, kneeling before the Father,
15 from whom every fatherhood, in heaven or on earth, takes its name.
16 In the abundance of his glory may he, through his Spirit, enable you to grow firm in power with regard to your inner self,
17 so that Christ may live in your hearts through faith, and then, planted in love and built on love,
Reading 1, Ezekiel 47:1-9, 12: 1 He brought me back to the entrance of the Temple, where a ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 46:2-3, 5-6, 8-9: 2 so we shall not be afraid though the earth ... Gospel, John 5:1-3, 5-16: 1 After this there was a Jewish festival, and Jesus went up to ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- 'Living Lent': Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 29
- St. Berthold: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Tesla Model 3 may fall short of forecasts, but it will still change ...
- 'Adoration of the Magi,' painted by master painter Leonardo da Vinci, ...
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD Video
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD Video
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.