Baruch - Chapter 3
4 Almighty Lord, God of Israel, hear the prayer of the dead of Israel, of the children of those who have sinned against you and have not listened to the voice of the Lord their God; hence the disasters which dog us.
5 Do not call to mind the misdeeds of our ancestors, but remember instead your power and your name.
7 since you have put respect for you in our hearts to encourage us to call on your name. We long to praise you in our exile, for we have rid our hearts of the wickedness of our ancestors who sinned against you.
8 Look, today we are still in exile where you have scattered us as something contemptible, accursed, condemned, for all the misdeeds of our ancestors who had abandoned the Lord our God.
9 Listen, Israel, to commands that bring life; hear, and learn what knowledge means.
14 Learn where knowledge is, where strength, where understanding, and so learn where length of days is, where life, where the light of the eyes and where peace.
20 more recent generations have seen the day and peopled the earth in their turn, but the way of knowledge they have not found;
21 they have not recognised the paths she treads. Nor have their children had any grasp of her, remaining far from her way.
23 the children of Hagar in search of worldly wisdom, the merchants of Midian and Teman, the tale-spinners and the philosophers have none of them found the way to wisdom or remembered the paths she treads.
37 He has uncovered the whole way of knowledge and shown it to his servant Jacob, to Israel his well-beloved;
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Luke 1:46-48, 49-50, 53-54
Gospel, John 1:6-8, 19-28
Reading 2, First Thessalonians 5:16-24
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Commission recommends Church end priestly celibacy and confession to ...
- Daily Readings for Monday, December 18, 2017
- Steps on how to be a good journalist from Pope Francis
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 19th, 2017 HD Video
- REJOICE! Gaudete Sunday Calls us to Live as Joyful Christians in All ...
- Four priests martyred for powerful reasons
- St. Rufus: Saint of the Day for Monday, December 18, 2017
- john the baptist
- saint anne
- hail holy queen
- saint elizabeth
- saint paul
- saint christopher
- st mary
- nicene creed
- our lady of guadalupe
- saint francis of assisi
- young children
- Saint Nicole
- st. michael
- saint francis
- st nicholas
- all saints day
- Daily Reading for Monday, December 18th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 17th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, December 16th, 2017 HD
- The Net Neutrality Scam: Get ready to pay a lot more for a lot less HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way