Baruch - Chapter 5
1 Jerusalem, take off your dress of sorrow and distress, put on the beauty of God's glory for evermore,
3 for God means to show your splendour to every nation under heaven,
6 Though they left you on foot driven by enemies, now God brings them back to you, carried gloriously, like a royal throne.
7 For God has decreed the flattening of each high mountain, of the everlasting hills, the filling of the valleys to make the ground level so that Israel can walk safely in God's glory.
8 And the forests and every fragrant tree will provide shade for Israel, at God's command;
9 for God will guide Israel in joy by the light of his glory, with the mercy and saving justice which come from him. A copy of the letter which Jeremiah sent to those about to be led captive to Babylon by the king of the Babylonians, to tell them what he had been commanded by God:
Reading 1, Deuteronomy 7:6-11: 6 For you are a people consecrated to Yahweh your God; of ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 103:1-2, 3-4, 6-7, 8, 10: 1 [Of David] Bless Yahweh, my soul, ... Gospel, Matthew 11:25-30: 25 At that time Jesus exclaimed, 'I bless you, Father, Lord of ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD Video
- A Serial Killer's Last Words: The hidden motive behind Ted Bundy's ...
- On the Path to Sainthood: The remarkable story of a young women and ...
- St. Joseph Cafasso: Saint of the Day for Friday, June 23, 2017
- When it comes to healthcare reform, listen to our bishops!
- Daily Readings for Friday, June 23, 2017
- North Korea's secret strategy revealed HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 23rd, 2017 HD
- What if an asteroid strikes near you? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 22nd, 2017 HD
- Killer supervolcano under Yellowstone stirs as 500 earthquakes hit park HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.