2 Timothy - Chapter 4
2 Timothy Chapters
3 The time is sure to come when people will not accept sound teaching, but their ears will be itching for anything new and they will collect themselves a whole series of teachers according to their own tastes;
7 I have fought the good fight to the end; I have run the race to the finish; I have kept the faith;
8 all there is to come for me now is the crown of uprightness which the Lord, the upright judge, will give to me on that Day; and not only to me but to all those who have longed for his appearing.
12 I have sent Tychicus to Ephesus.
16 The first time I had to present my defence, no one came into court to support me. Every one of them deserted me -- may they not be held accountable for it.
19 Greetings to Prisca and Aquila, and the family of Onesiphorus.
21 Make every effort to come before the winter. Greetings to you from Eubulus, Pudens, Linus, Claudia and all the brothers.
Reading 1, Exodus 20:1-17: 1 Then God spoke all these words. He said,2 'I am Yahweh your ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 19:8, 9, 10, 11: 8 The precepts of Yahweh are honest, joy for ... Gospel, Matthew 13:18-23: 18 'So pay attention to the parable of the sower.19 When anyone ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Doctors test CRISPR technique on babies, then abort them
- Cardinal Pell faces court for the first time in Australia
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 28, 2017
- What can you expect when you die? Science provides an answer HD Video
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 29th, 2017 HD Video
- Can the Church foster peace in the Holy Land?
- St. Innocent I: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 28th, 2017 HD
- Archaeologists discover Tabernacle that held the Ark HD
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD