2 Timothy - Chapter 2
2 Timothy Chapters
2 Pass on to reliable people what you have heard from me through many witnesses so that they in turn will be able to teach others.
4 No one on active service involves himself in the affairs of civilian life, because he must win the approval of the man who enlisted him;
8 Remember the gospel that I carry, 'Jesus Christ risen from the dead, sprung from the race of David';
12 If we persevere, then we shall reign with him. If we disown him, then he will disown us.
14 Remind them of this; and tell them in the name of God that there must be no wrangling about words: all that this ever achieves is the destruction of those who are listening.
26 and come to their senses, escaping the trap of the devil who made them his captives and subjected them to his will.
Reading 1, Second Corinthians 4:7-15: 7 But we hold this treasure in pots of earthenware, ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 126:1-2, 2-3, 4-5, 6: 1 [Song of Ascents] When Yahweh brought ... Gospel, Matthew 20:20-28: 20 Then the mother of Zebedee's sons came with her sons to make ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Chinese government says it will keep a firm grip on Catholic Church
- One year later, is Fr. Jacques Hamel a saint?
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- Sts. Joachim and Anne: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, July 26, 2017
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD Video
- Do you have what it takes to become a Catholic celebrity?
- Pope Francis is set for something big, but what is it? HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 HD
- Statues of the Virgin Mary triumphantly return to Iraq, after defeat of ISIS HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 25th, 2017 HD