2 Timothy - Chapter 3
2 Timothy Chapters
1 You may be quite sure that in the last days there will be some difficult times.
2 People will be self-centred and avaricious, boastful, arrogant and rude; disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, irreligious;
3 heartless and intractable; they will be slanderers, profligates, savages and enemies of everything that is good;
4 they will be treacherous and reckless and demented by pride, preferring their own pleasure to God.
7 always seeking learning, but unable ever to come to knowledge of the truth.
8 Just as Jannes and Jambres defied Moses, so these men defy the truth, their minds corrupt and their faith spurious.
9 But they will not be able to go on much longer: their folly, like that of the other two, must become obvious to everybody.
12 But anybody who tries to live in devotion to Christ is certain to be persecuted;
Reading 1, Isaiah 65:17-21: 17 For look, I am going to create new heavens and a new earth, ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 30:2, 4, 5-6, 11-13: 2 Yahweh, my God, I cried to you for help ... Gospel, John 4:43-54: 43 When the two days were over Jesus left for Galilee.44 He himself ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- How dangerous are the effects of pornography? Science weighs in
- Paul Ryan you're FIRED! Speaker Ryan's failure to repeal Obamacare ...
- St. Rupert: Saint of the Day for Monday, March 27, 2017
- Epic! Astronomers catch a radical black hole surfing a gravitational ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Monday, March 27, 2017
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Cause of cancer detected from unexpected and unpreventable element HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.