Galatians - Chapter 4
1 What I am saying is this: an heir, during the time while he is still under age, is no different from a slave, even though he is the owner of all the property;
2 he is under the control of guardians and administrators until the time fixed by his father.
5 to redeem the subjects of the Law, so that we could receive adoption as sons.
9 whereas now that you have come to recognise God -- or rather, be recognised by God -- how can you now turn back again to those powerless and bankrupt elements whose slaves you now want to be all over again?
18 Devotion to a praiseworthy cause is praiseworthy at any time, not only when I am there with you.
19 My children, I am going through the pain of giving birth to you all over again, until Christ is formed in you;
20 and how I wish I could be there with you at this moment and find the right way of talking to you: I am quite at a loss with you.
21 Tell me then, you are so eager to be subject to the Law, have you listened to what the Law says?
22 Scripture says that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave girl and one by the freewoman.
26 But the Jerusalem above is free, and that is the one that is our mother;
27 as scripture says: Shout for joy, you barren woman who has borne no children! Break into shouts of joy, you who were never in labour. For the sons of the forsaken one are more in number than the sons of the wedded wife.
28 Now you, brothers, are like Isaac, children of the promise;
29 just as at that time, the child born in the way of human nature persecuted the child born through the Spirit, so now.
30 But what is it that scripture says? Drive away that slave girl and her son; the slave girl's son is not to share the inheritance with the son of the freewoman.
31 So, brothers, we are the children not of the slave girl but of the freewoman.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 122:1-2, 3-4, 4-5
Gospel, Luke 8:19-21
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Church tricked into hosting satanic fashion show
- Sts. Cosmas & Damian: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Is Pope Francis a heretic? Formal letter of correction made public
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Elizabeth Warren - Another liberal hypocrite, scam artist exposed
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD