Habakkuk - Chapter 1
3 Why do you make me see wrong-doing, why do you countenance oppression? Plundering and violence confront me, contention and discord flourish.
5 Cast your eyes over the nations, look, and be amazed, astounded. For I am doing something in your own days which you will not believe if you are told of it.
6 For look, I am stirring up the Chaldaeans, that fierce and fiery nation who march miles across country to seize the homes of others.
7 They are dreadful and awesome, a law and authority to themselves.
11 Then the wind changes and is gone . . . Guilty is he who makes his strength his god.
13 Your eyes are too pure to rest on evil, you cannot look on at oppression. Why do you look on at those who play the traitor, why say nothing while the wicked swallows someone more upright than himself?
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 19:2-3, 4-5
Gospel, Luke 11:37-41
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Sorry, there's no science to support 'transgender therapy' for kids
- Martin Luther would be horrified - The reformer had no intention of ...
- U.S. drills for mass evacuation of Americans from South Korea, but ...
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles ...
- St. Ignatius of Antioch: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 HD Video
- Intro to Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD
- Trump ends taxpayer giveaway to insurance companies HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, October 17th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, October 16th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way