Habakkuk - Chapter 1
3 Why do you make me see wrong-doing, why do you countenance oppression? Plundering and violence confront me, contention and discord flourish.
5 Cast your eyes over the nations, look, and be amazed, astounded. For I am doing something in your own days which you will not believe if you are told of it.
6 For look, I am stirring up the Chaldaeans, that fierce and fiery nation who march miles across country to seize the homes of others.
7 They are dreadful and awesome, a law and authority to themselves.
11 Then the wind changes and is gone . . . Guilty is he who makes his strength his god.
13 Your eyes are too pure to rest on evil, you cannot look on at oppression. Why do you look on at those who play the traitor, why say nothing while the wicked swallows someone more upright than himself?
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 85:9-10, 11-12, 13-14
Gospel, Luke 5:17-26
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Did Ray Moore break the law by talking to teens?
- Our Lady of Guadalupe: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, December 13th, 2017 HD Video
- Coming forward is the key to ending systemic abuse!
- Archaeologists open two new Egyptian tombs, discover mummy, artifacts
- Attempted terror attack fails in Manhattan as pipe bomb explodes ...
- Here's how Pope Francis wants to change the Lords Prayer HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 12th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, December 11th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 10th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way