Lamentations - Chapter 3
1 I am the man familiar with misery under the rod of his fury.
3 Against none but me does he turn his hand, again and again, all day.
17 I have been deprived of peace, I have forgotten what happiness is
21 This is what I shall keep in mind and so regain some hope:
24 'Yahweh is all I have,' I say to myself, 'and so I shall put my hope in him.'
25 Yahweh is good to those who trust him, to all who search for him.
27 It is good for someone to bear the yoke from a young age,
28 to sit in solitude and silence when it weighs heavy,
32 If he brings grief, he will have pity out of the fullness of his faithful love,
36 when someone is cheated of justice, does not the Lord see it?
41 Let us raise our hearts and hands to God in heaven.
44 You have wrapped yourself in a cloud too thick for prayer to pierce.
49 My eyes will weep ceaselessly, without relief,
50 until Yahweh looks down and sees from heaven.
Reading 1, Sirach 17:1-15: 1 The Lord fashioned human beings from the earth, to consign ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 103:13-14, 15-16, 17-18: 13 As tenderly as a father treats his ... Gospel, Mark 10:13-16: 13 People were bringing little children to him, for him to touch ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Your Daily Inspirational Meme: Thank you, Lord, for always being ...
- Clinton contributor makes revealing 'life insurance' video over fear ...
- Christians warn against witches 'binding spell' of U.S. President ...
- 92-year-old woman blessed with gift to help newborns
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Tarasius: Saint of the Day for Saturday, February 25, 2017
- Daily Readings for Saturday, February 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 26th, 2017 HD
- Urgent action necessary for 5.5 million people starving in South Sudan HD
- Trump dumps Obama's transgender restroom policy HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.