Lamentations - Chapter 3
1 I am the man familiar with misery under the rod of his fury.
3 Against none but me does he turn his hand, again and again, all day.
17 I have been deprived of peace, I have forgotten what happiness is
21 This is what I shall keep in mind and so regain some hope:
24 'Yahweh is all I have,' I say to myself, 'and so I shall put my hope in him.'
25 Yahweh is good to those who trust him, to all who search for him.
27 It is good for someone to bear the yoke from a young age,
28 to sit in solitude and silence when it weighs heavy,
32 If he brings grief, he will have pity out of the fullness of his faithful love,
36 when someone is cheated of justice, does not the Lord see it?
41 Let us raise our hearts and hands to God in heaven.
44 You have wrapped yourself in a cloud too thick for prayer to pierce.
49 My eyes will weep ceaselessly, without relief,
50 until Yahweh looks down and sees from heaven.
Reading 1, Exodus 19:1-2, 9-11, 16-20: 1 Three months to the day after leaving Egypt, the ... Responsorial Psalm, Daniel 3:52, 53, 54, 55, 56: 53 May you be blessed in the Temple of ... Gospel, Matthew 13:10-17: 10 Then the disciples went up to him and asked, 'Why do you talk ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- What can you expect when you die? Science provides an answer HD Video
- Doctors test CRISPR technique on babies, then abort them
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 29th, 2017 HD Video
- Cardinal Pell faces court for the first time in Australia
- Can the Church foster peace in the Holy Land?
- St. Innocent I: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 28th, 2017 HD
- Archaeologists discover Tabernacle that held the Ark HD
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD