Act of Contrition, Hope, and Confidence before Holy Communion
the longed-for moment draws near;
the happy moment, in which I, Thy unworthy creature,
shall receive the most Holy Sacrament of Thy Body and
as the most effectual remedy for all my miseries.
For the love the Thee
I grieve most bitterly for every one of my sins
and for all my negligences,
whereby I have offended Thy tender goodness,
and defiled my soul,
which Thou didst ransom with Thine own most precious
How shall I presume to receive Thee into a heart
all surrounded with briers and thorns of earthly
reeking with unwholesome vapours of worldliness and vain
But, my merciful Jesus,
though I am sick of soul,
I remember the words which fell from Thine own gracious
that they who are whole need not the physician,
but they who are sick,
and this gives me confidence.
Surely, my Lord,
if anyone has cause to trust Thee it is I!
Others may have their innocence or their virtues to fall
but I have Thy mercy,
Thy great mercy, only.
I have made myself undeserving of it,
but when hast Thou ever treated me as I deserved?
Where should I be now if justice and not mercy had had its
Good Jesus, Who didst invite the blind and the lame,
the poor and the needy,
to Thy supper, behold, as one of them, yea,
even as the poorest and most wretched of them all,
I will draw near to the most sacred Feast of Thy Body and
the banquet of the angels,
not in presumption,
but with a contrite and humble heart,
with lowly confidence,
with hope in Thy goodness and mercy,
with love in return for all Thy love,
with fervent desire to please Thee,
to live henceforth according to Thy Spirit,
and in the imitation of the virtues of Thy sacred Heart
that I may praise and glorify Thee eternally.
More Communion Prayers
Showing 1 - 77 of 77
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Father of Mercy, forgive my failings, keep me in Your Grace, and lead me in the way of salvation. Give me strength in serving You as a follower of Christ. May the Eucharist bring me Your Forgiveness and give me freedom to serve You all my life. May it help me to remain faithful and give me ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- 'Living Lent': Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 29
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Victims of a failing system or child abusers? Couple leaves young ...
- Newborn rescued from shallow grave as India murders its daughters
- St. Berthold: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD Video
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD Video
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.