Act of Humility before Holy Communion #2
Before Him the pillars of heaven tremble,
and the pure angels veil their faces with their wings.
Whither shall I flee from His face?
Two places are safe for me,
the depths of my misery
and the Heart of my Judge.
In them will I hide myself.
O my God,
I detest all the sins of my whole life
because they displease Thee,
and especially I am sorry for those
which I have committed against this sacrament,
by my irreverence and the little profit
I have drawn from so many communions,
by my negligence in guarding my senses,
particularly my tongue,
which has been so often consecrated by Thy Divine Presence.
My Lord and my God,
what confusion I feel at beholding myself so unworthy
to approach Thy holy table.
Suffer me, dear Jesus,
to seek the remedy for my evils
in the wound of Thy sacred Heart.
Let Thy sacred Heart be to me
as the burning coal which purified the lips of Isaias;
place it, all inflamed with charity,
I beseech Thee, dear Lord,
on my heart, my tongue, my senses,
and all the powers of my soul,
so that it may burn and annihilate
all this is displeasing to Thee.
Jesus, Jesus be to me Jesus, and save me.
Remember Thou hast said,
"The Son of man is come to seek
and to save that which was lost" (Luke xix, 10).
They that in health need not a physician,
but they that are sick.
I am not come to call the just but sinners (Matt ix, 13)."
Dear Lord, I am sick,
I am sinful, as Thou knowest;
come to me and say,
I am thy salvation (Psalm xxxiv, 3).
Grant me, O Lord,
the grace of beginning a new,
a fervent life,
and deign to give me in this holy sacrament
the pledge of eternal life promised
to those who receive Thee worthily.
More Communion Prayers
Showing 1 - 77 of 77
Browser Prayers by Section
Prayer of the Day
How to pray the Rosary
El Rosario Santo
Sign of the Cross
The Way - The First Christians
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Stations of the Cross
by Catholic Online
- Missionary priest kidnapped in Nigeria
- St. Luke: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- Callista Gingrich is the next U.S. Ambassador to the Vatican
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, October 19th, 2017 HD Video
- Museum of the Bible set to open in D.C., will be one of the city's ...
- Museum of the Bible to open in Washington D.C., here's what you want ...
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles reported HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 HD
- Intro to Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD
- Trump ends taxpayer giveaway to insurance companies HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way