Act of Humility before Holy Communion #2
Before Him the pillars of heaven tremble,
and the pure angels veil their faces with their wings.
Whither shall I flee from His face?
Two places are safe for me,
the depths of my misery
and the Heart of my Judge.
In them will I hide myself.
O my God,
I detest all the sins of my whole life
because they displease Thee,
and especially I am sorry for those
which I have committed against this sacrament,
by my irreverence and the little profit
I have drawn from so many communions,
by my negligence in guarding my senses,
particularly my tongue,
which has been so often consecrated by Thy Divine Presence.
My Lord and my God,
what confusion I feel at beholding myself so unworthy
to approach Thy holy table.
Suffer me, dear Jesus,
to seek the remedy for my evils
in the wound of Thy sacred Heart.
Let Thy sacred Heart be to me
as the burning coal which purified the lips of Isaias;
place it, all inflamed with charity,
I beseech Thee, dear Lord,
on my heart, my tongue, my senses,
and all the powers of my soul,
so that it may burn and annihilate
all this is displeasing to Thee.
Jesus, Jesus be to me Jesus, and save me.
Remember Thou hast said,
"The Son of man is come to seek
and to save that which was lost" (Luke xix, 10).
They that in health need not a physician,
but they that are sick.
I am not come to call the just but sinners (Matt ix, 13)."
Dear Lord, I am sick,
I am sinful, as Thou knowest;
come to me and say,
I am thy salvation (Psalm xxxiv, 3).
Grant me, O Lord,
the grace of beginning a new,
a fervent life,
and deign to give me in this holy sacrament
the pledge of eternal life promised
to those who receive Thee worthily.
More Communion Prayers
Showing 1 - 77 of 77
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
(Composed by Archbishop Carroll in 1800.) We pray Thee, O Almighty and Eternal God, who through Jesus Christ hast revealed Thy glory to all nations, to preserve the works of Thy mercy; that Thy Church, being spread through the whole world, may continue, with unchanging faith, in the confession of ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis prays for Westminster terror attack victims HD Video
- St. Aldemar: Saint of the Day for Friday, March 24, 2017
- What happened during the London terror attack? HD Video
- Why is this 14-foot statue of Our Lady underwater?
- 'Living Lent': Friday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 24
- Outrage as Catholic University erected CROSSES on their own property ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, March 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
- Christ's tomb reveals surprise after restoration HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.