Act of Humility before Holy Communion #2
Before Him the pillars of heaven tremble,
and the pure angels veil their faces with their wings.
Whither shall I flee from His face?
Two places are safe for me,
the depths of my misery
and the Heart of my Judge.
In them will I hide myself.
O my God,
I detest all the sins of my whole life
because they displease Thee,
and especially I am sorry for those
which I have committed against this sacrament,
by my irreverence and the little profit
I have drawn from so many communions,
by my negligence in guarding my senses,
particularly my tongue,
which has been so often consecrated by Thy Divine Presence.
My Lord and my God,
what confusion I feel at beholding myself so unworthy
to approach Thy holy table.
Suffer me, dear Jesus,
to seek the remedy for my evils
in the wound of Thy sacred Heart.
Let Thy sacred Heart be to me
as the burning coal which purified the lips of Isaias;
place it, all inflamed with charity,
I beseech Thee, dear Lord,
on my heart, my tongue, my senses,
and all the powers of my soul,
so that it may burn and annihilate
all this is displeasing to Thee.
Jesus, Jesus be to me Jesus, and save me.
Remember Thou hast said,
"The Son of man is come to seek
and to save that which was lost" (Luke xix, 10).
They that in health need not a physician,
but they that are sick.
I am not come to call the just but sinners (Matt ix, 13)."
Dear Lord, I am sick,
I am sinful, as Thou knowest;
come to me and say,
I am thy salvation (Psalm xxxiv, 3).
Grant me, O Lord,
the grace of beginning a new,
a fervent life,
and deign to give me in this holy sacrament
the pledge of eternal life promised
to those who receive Thee worthily.
More Communion Prayers
Showing 1 - 77 of 77
Browser Prayers by Section
Prayer of the Day
How to pray the Rosary
El Rosario Santo
Sign of the Cross
The Way - The First Christians
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Stations of the Cross
by Catholic Online
- Australia asks Church to end celibacy and confession to fight child ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, December 19th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Olympias: Saint of the Day for Sunday, December 17, 2017
- Commission recommends Church end priestly celibacy and confession to ...
- Church reviews possible Catholic hospital mega-merger
- Indonesia rejects law that would criminalize sex outside of marriage
- Daily Readings for Sunday, December 17, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, December 18th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 17th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, December 16th, 2017 HD
- The Net Neutrality Scam: Get ready to pay a lot more for a lot less HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way