Prayer to Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament # 2 (by Saint Alphonsus Mary De Liguori)
who for the love Thou bearest mankind,
dost remain night and day in this Sacrament,
all full of tenderness and love, expecting,
inviting and receiving all those who come to visit Thee;
I believe that Thou art present in the Sacrament of the altar;
I adore Thee from the depths of my own nothingness
and thank Thee for all the favours Thou hast bestowed upon me;
and especially for having given me Thyself in this Sacrament,
and Thy most holy Mother Mary as my advocate;
and for having called me to visit Thee in this church.
I pay my homage this day to Thy most loving Heart
and this I intend to do for three intentions:
first, in thanksgiving for this great gift;
secondly, in reparation for all the insults
Thou hast received from Thine enemies in this Sacrament;
thirdly, by this visit I intend to adore Thee
in all places upon the earth,
where Thou art least adored and most neglected in Thy Sacrament.
My Jesus, l love Thee with my whole heart.
I repent of having in the past so many times
displeased Thine infinite goodness.
I purpose with the help of Thy grace
never more to offend Thee in the future;
and at this moment, wretched as I am,
I consecrate myself wholly to Thee.
I give to Thee and utterly renounce my entire will,
all my affections,
all my desires,
and all that I possess.
From this day forth do with me
and with all that is mine
whatever is pleasing in Thy sight.
I ask and desire only Thy holy love,
final perseverance and the perfect fulfilment of Thy will.
I commend to Thee the souls in purgatory,
especially those who were most devoted
to this Blessed Sacrament and to Blessed Mary;
I commend to Thee in like manner all poor sinners.
Finally, my dear Saviour,
I unite all my affections with those of Thy most loving Heart,
and thus united I offer them to Thine eternal Father,
and I pray Him in Thy name graciously to accept
and answer them for love of Thee.
More Communion Prayers
Showing 1 - 77 of 77
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You my prayers, works, joys and sufferings, all that this day may bring, be they good or bad: for the love of God, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for all the sins committed against the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 HD Video
- Eight heroic and devout people now on the path to canonization, ...
- Priest shares Living Rosary on Mardi Gras to bring people back to God
- Ash Wednesday HD Video
- St. Hilary, Pope: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Ash Wednesday - Day 1
- Oarfish strandings in Philippines could mean massive quake coming HD
- Pope Francis makes history by celebrating Christ alongside an Anglican Bishop HD
- St. Dominic Savio HD
- Clinton contributor makes revealing 'life insurance' video over fear of assassination HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.