Act of Love and Desire before Holy Communion #1
as if I had knelt at Thy feet
and felt the touch of Thy hand on my brow,
and heard Thy gentle voice
that uttered absolutions
and gave encouragement to the sick
and the unfortunate.
Oh, that I could love Thee,
as the poor of Galilee loved Thee,
as Mary Magdalen loved Thee,
as Saint Peter and Saint John,
the beloved disciple,
loved Thee, as she, who knew Thee best,
Thy blessed Mother,
loved Thee, and, most of all, O Lord,
as Thou hast loved me.
Let me at least love Thee
with all my heart and soul and mind and strength.
And let my love be worthy of the name,
showing itself by confidence,
by generosity, by sacrifice,
that all Thy dispensations are best for me,
counting no cost when I work for Thee,
Giving up gladly what is dear to me
when Thou dost ask it,
when it will to serve Thee better
and to further the interests of Thy Sacred Heart.
Dispose of me, O Lord, as Thou pleasest;
for from henceforth I am entirely Thine.
I offer Thee all that I am and all that I have.
I shall labour and suffer for Thy glory,
for the salvation of others,
and for my own sanctification.
Come, my Jesus,
crucified for love of me.
Come, dear Jesus,
in the sacrament of Thy love,
and be Thou all mine,
as I desire to be all Thine.
O blessed Virgin, my tender Mother,
who didst obtain from thy divine Son a wonderful miracle
at the wedding-feast at Cana,
behold my misery and the need I have of thy assistance;
obtain for me of Jesus a prodigy of His almighty power,
that my coldness and tepidity may be changed into ardent
More Communion Prayers
Showing 1 - 77 of 77
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
We adore you, O Christ, and we bless you; because by your Cross you have redeemed the world. Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in you. My Jesus Mercy! Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation! Jesus, Mary, Joseph, I give you my heawrt and my soul. Jesus, Mary, Joseph, assist me in my ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis urges Christians to act with gentleness and respect
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 24th, 2017 HD Video
- St. John Baptist de Rossi: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- Is Callista Gingrich the best choice for the new U.S. Ambassador to ...
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, May 23, 2017
- St. John Baptist de Rossi HD Video
- Artist creates breathtaking model of St. Peter's Square
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- saint monica
- saint catherine
- Saint Lucy
- saint clare
- saint rose
- st rose of lima
- immaculate conception
- st augustine
- st monica
- saint of the day
- St. Elizabeth
- john bosco
- st catherine
- st. cecilia
- st. paul
- feast days
- Saint Cecilia
- Fatima apparitions to be featured in dramatic new film HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 23rd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 22nd, 2017 HD
- U2 lead singer, Bono endorses Psalms message HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.