Prayer to Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament # 4 (by Saint Alphonsus Mary De Liguori)
and dearest Jesus!
Life, hope, treasure,
and only love of my soul!
Oh, how much has it not cost Thee to remain with us in this Sacrament.
It was necessary for Thee to die
in order to remain afterwards upon our altars;
and how many injuries hast Thou not been made to suffer,
in consequence of this presence among us!
But Thy love, and Thy desire to be loved by us,
have surmounted all.
Come then, Lord,
come and occupy my heart,
and afterwards close the gate to it for ever,
so that no creature may ever enter again
to take away a part of this love which belongs entirely to Thee,
and which I am unwilling to give to any other.
Do Thou alone, my dear Redeemer, reign over me!
Do Thou alone possess me entirely,
and if at any time I should not obey Thee perfectly,
punish me severely,
that for the future I may be more careful to please Thee,
according to Thy desire.
Let me no more desire nor seek
for any other pleasure than to please Thee,
to visit Thee often at Thine altar,
to converse with Thee,
and to receive Thee in Holy Communion.
Let them look for other goods who will!
For me, I love only,
I desire only the treasure of Thy love.
The only favour I ask at the foot of this altar is,
that I may forget myself altogether,
to remember only Thy goodness.
Blessed Seraphs, I do not envy you your glory!
But by the love which you bear to your God and mine,
oh, teach me what I must do to love Him
and please Him like you!
O my Lord and King,
hidden in this Sacrament,
since Thou dost invite me to converse with Thee,
I will open my heart with confidence, and speak.
O my Jesus, ardent Lover of souls,
I know to well the injustice and ingratitude of men towards Thee.
Thou lovest them, and they do not love Thee;
Thou dost confer benefits on them,
and they return Thee with insults;
Thou wouldst have them hear Thy voice,
and they will not listen;
Thou dost offer them graces,
and they refuse them.
Ah! my Jesus, I, too,
was once among the number of these ungrateful souls.
O my God, it is only too true.
But I desire to amend,
and I wish to compensate for the injuries I have done Thee,
by doing all I can to please Thee for the remainder of my life.
Tell me, O Lord, what Thou dost require of me.
I will do it without the least reserve.
Make known to me Thy will by the way of holy obedience,
and I hope to accomplish it.
My God, I firmly promise never to leave undone any act
which I know to be agreeable to Thee,
although the performance of it should cost me the loss of all things
- of relations, friends, character, health,
and even life itself.
Let me loose all,
if only I may do Thy will!
Happy loss, when all is sacrificed to content Thy heart,
O God of my soul!
I love Thee, O Sovereign Good,
above all goods worthy of my love,
and in loving Thee I unite my feeble heart
with the hearts of all the Seraphim.
I unite it with the Heart of Mary
and with the Heart of Jesus.
I love Thee with my whole soul;
I wish to love Thee alone,
now and for ever.
More Communion Prayers
Showing 1 - 77 of 77
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
For the Birthday of a family member Heavenly Father, We praise You for all Your gifts to us. In a special way, We thank You for (name). Bless him (her) always in Your love. Bless us too, Holy Father, And this food with which we celebrate. Help us all to praise You and give You glory Through Jesus ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- 'Acid is now a fashionable weapon of choice' - Britain averages one ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 HD Video
- It feels great to win! Here's the list of things President Trump has ...
- St. Catherine of Siena: Saint of the Day for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt with powerful message HD Video
- Report claims extreme weather on DECLINE - but is someone lying?
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 1st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 30th, 2017 HD
- Day 9 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 8 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.