Act of Faith and Adoration before Holy Communion #1
I believe with a firm and lively faith
that in this adorable sacrament are Thy body and blood,
soul and divinity.
I believe that in this consecrated Host
I shall receive that same body
which was born of the most pure Virgin Mary in Bethlehem,
which suffered so many pains and torments for love of me
on the Way of the Cross and on Calvary,
and which rose gloriously the third day from the dead.
I believe that I shall receive God Himself.
I adore Thee, O my God, as my Creator,
my Preserver, my Redeemer, and my Judge,
truly present in the Holy Eucharist.
Divine Host, I adore Thee
with the angels who fill the sanctuary
and hover over the tabernacle
as they hovered over the cave of Bethlehem in the Holy
I adore Thee, my God,
with the Blessed Virgin,
and in union with all the saints.
Lord and Master of the universe,
Who hast fixed Thy dwelling amongst men,
I adore Thee with profound gratitude.
O my Jesus, bless this temple wherein Thou residest,
but still more the heart that I offer Thee
as a living abode and place of rest.
Deign ever to inhabit it by Thy grace and Thy love,
and may my sins never banish Thee from it! Lord,
I have a firm faith,
but do Thou strengthen my faith,
and animate it so that it may produce in my soul
deeper sentiments of adoration and love.
Good Lord, increase my faith that I may love Thee more, and be more generous in my sacrifices for love of Thee and for the love of my neighbours.
More Communion Prayers
Showing 1 - 77 of 77
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You my prayers, works, joys and sufferings, all that this day may bring, be they good or bad: for the love of God, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for all the sins committed against the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Eight heroic and devout people now on the path to canonization, ...
- 'Living Lent': Ash Wednesday - Day 1
- St. Hilary, Pope: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- The one reason why what you're giving up for Lent isn't enough. Make ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 HD Video
- Ash Wednesday HD Video
- morning prayer
- Saint Elizabeth
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- saint monica
- saint catherine
- Saint Lucy
- saint clare
- saint rose
- st rose of lima
- immaculate conception
- st augustine
- st monica
- saint of the day
- St. Elizabeth
- john bosco
- st catherine
- st. cecilia
- st. paul
- Oarfish strandings in Philippines could mean massive quake coming HD
- Pope Francis makes history by celebrating Christ alongside an Anglican Bishop HD
- St. Dominic Savio HD
- Clinton contributor makes revealing 'life insurance' video over fear of assassination HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.