Joel - Chapter 1
13 Priests, put on sackcloth and lament! You ministers of the altar, wail! Come here, lie in sackcloth all night long, you ministers of my God! For the Temple of your God has been deprived of cereal offering and libation.
15 'Alas for the day! For the Day of Yahweh is near, coming as destruction from Shaddai.'
16 Has not the food disappeared before our very eyes? Have not joy and gladness vanished from the Temple of our God?
19 Yahweh, to you I cry: for fire has devoured the desert pastures, flame has burnt up all the trees in the countryside.
20 Even the wild animals pant loudly for you, for the watercourses have run dry, and fire has devoured the desert pastures.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 19:2-3, 4-5
Gospel, Luke 11:37-41
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Museum of the Bible set to open in D.C., will be one of the city's ...
- Museum of the Bible to open in Washington D.C., here's what you want ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, October 19th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Luke: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- Missionary priest kidnapped in Nigeria
- Callista Gingrich is the next U.S. Ambassador to the Vatican
- Virgin Mary appears to Hindu schoolchildren in India, miracles reported HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 18th, 2017 HD
- Intro to Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD
- Trump ends taxpayer giveaway to insurance companies HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way