3 John - Chapter 1
3 John Chapters
2 My dear friend, I hope everything is going happily with you and that you are as well physically as you are spiritually.
3 It was a great joy to me when some brothers came and told of your faithfulness to the truth, and of your life in the truth.
4 It is always my greatest joy to hear that my children are living according to the truth.
8 it is our duty to welcome people of this sort and contribute our share to their work for the truth.
10 So if I come, I shall tell everyone how he has behaved, and about the wicked accusations he has been circulating against us. As if that were not enough, he not only refuses to welcome our brothers, but prevents from doing so other people who would have liked to, and expels them from the church.
14 However, I hope to see you soon and talk to you in person.
Reading 1, Isaiah 49:8-15: 8 Thus says Yahweh: At the time of my favour I have answered ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:8-9, 13-14, 17-18: 8 Yahweh is tenderness and pity, slow to ... Gospel, John 5:17-30: 17 His answer to them was, 'My Father still goes on working, and I ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- 'Living Lent': Thursday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 30
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Implant allows paralyzed man to move arm using his thoughts HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 31st, 2017 HD Video
- St. Peter Regulatus: Saint of the Day for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Was Jesus' portrait minted on ancient coins?
- Christian student suspended for arguing with Muslim teacher - ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.