2 Peter - Chapter 3
2 Peter Chapters
2 Remember what was said in the past by the holy prophets and the command of the Lord and Saviour given by your apostles.
4 'What has happened to the promise of his coming?' they will say, 'Since our Fathers died everything has gone on just as it has since the beginning of creation!'
9 The Lord is not being slow in carrying out his promises, as some people think he is; rather is he being patient with you, wanting nobody to be lost and everybody to be brought to repentance.
13 What we are waiting for, relying on his promises, is the new heavens and new earth, where uprightness will be at home.
14 So then, my dear friends, while you are waiting, do your best to live blameless and unsullied lives so that he will find you at peace.
15 Think of our Lord's patience as your opportunity to be saved; our brother Paul, who is so dear to us, told you this when he wrote to you with the wisdom that he was given.
16 He makes this point too in his letters as a whole wherever he touches on these things. In all his letters there are of course some passages which are hard to understand, and these are the ones that uneducated and unbalanced people distort, in the same way as they distort the rest of scripture--to their own destruction.
17 Since you have been forewarned about this, my dear friends, be careful that you do not come to the point of losing the firm ground that you are standing on, carried away by the errors of unprincipled people.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 23:1-3, 3-4, 5, 6
Gospel, Matthew 16:13-19
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- The Tragic Reason Mass Shootings Happen, and it's NOT the guns HD Video
- 10 emotional prayers for healing and hope in a world of tragedy
- Daily Readings for Thursday, February 22, 2018
- 'Living Lent': Friday of the First Week of Lent - Day 10
- Lenten fish recipes: Economical and delicious!
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 24th, 2018 HD Video
- St. Margaret of Cortona: Saint of the Day for Thursday, February 22, 2018
- Spiritual Warfare and the Help of Angels HD
- St. Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 23rd, 2018 HD
- AmericaĂ˘Â€Â™s pastor, Billy Graham passes away, age 99 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education