Daily Reading for Tuesday, July 29th, 2014
Gospel, John 11:19-27
21 Martha said to Jesus, 'Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died,
23 Jesus said to her, 'Your brother will rise again.'
24 Martha said, 'I know he will rise again at the resurrection on the last day.'
26 and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?
27 'Yes, Lord,' she said, 'I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, the one who was to come into this world.'
Reading 1, Acts 5:17-26: 17 Then the high priest intervened with all his supporters from ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9: 2 I will praise Yahweh from my heart; ... Gospel, John 3:16-21: 16 For this is how God loved the world: he gave his only Son, so ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Pope Francis just delivered the most amazing TED Talk, get your sneak ...
- St. Cletus: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Pray the Rosary - 7 tips on how to pray more deeply
- Daily Reading for Friday, April 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Day 6 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- Wait, what? Did Pope Francis just buy a private beach? Yes he did, ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, April 27th, 2017 HD
- Cherokee Nation sues drug distributors while CDC claims opioid deaths are underreported HD
- Day 5 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 4 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.