Prayer for Holy Saturday
No candles are lit on this day.
Mother or a child:
"May our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son, Who alone by His powerful word governs all things, yet has buried the shame of the Cross and iron bonds,
who has broken the bars of the bronze doors and has descended into hell, who has shone with the brightness of a new light on those who were sitting in the shadow of death, may He,
the sun of justice, rising from the tomb, shine upon our darkness with the marvelous light of his risen Body."
The women sitting at the sepulchre
were weeping and lamenting for the Lord.
Let us pray.
O God, who makes this most holy night illustrious by the glory of the resurrection of our Lord, preserve in the new children of your family the spirit of adoption which You have given, that, renewed in body and soul, they may give You a pure service. This we ask of You through our Lord Jesus Christ, Your Son.
Let us bless the Lord.
Thanks be to God.
May the almighty and merciful Lord, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, bless and keep us.
More Basic Prayers
Showing 1 - 201 of 201
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
O my Jesus, I beg You on behalf of the whole Church: Grant it love and the light of Your Spirit and give power to the words of priests so that hardened hearts might be brought to repentance and return to You, O Lord. Lord, give us holy priests; You Yourself maintain them in holiness. O ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 31st, 2017 HD Video
- St. Peter Regulatus: Saint of the Day for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Pregnant woman martyred for Jesus is beatified
- Victims of Texas horror crash identified as faithful church members
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Implant allows paralyzed man to move arm using his thoughts HD Video
- Another life lost - Pray for Mexico's priests
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.