Psalm 31 (the Second Penitential Psalm)
and whose sins are covered.
Blessed is the man to whom the Lord harth not imputed sin,
and in whose spirit there is no guile.
Because I was silent my bones grew old;
whilst I cried out all the day long.
For day and night Thy hand was heavy upon me;
I am turned in my anguish,
whilst the thorn is fastened.
I have acknowledged my sin to thee,
and my injustice I have not concealed.
I said I will confess against my self my injustice to the Lord:
and Thou hast forgiven the wickedness of my sin.
For this shall every one that is holy
pray to Thee in a seasonable time.
And yet in a flood of many waters,
they shall not come nigh unto him.
Thou art my refuge from the trouble which hath encompassed:
my joy, deliver me from them that surround me.
I will give thee understanding,
and I will instruct thee in this way,
in which Thou shalt go:
I will fix my eyes upon thee.
Do not become like the horse and the mule,
who have no understanding.
With bit and bridle bind fast their jaws,
who come not near unto Thee.
Many are the scourges of the sinner,
but mercy shall encompass him that hopeth in the Lord.
Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye Just,
and glory, all ye right of heart.
Glory be the the Father...
More Basic Prayers
Showing 1 - 201 of 201
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
(Composed by Archbishop Carroll in 1800.) We pray Thee, O Almighty and Eternal God, who through Jesus Christ hast revealed Thy glory to all nations, to preserve the works of Thy mercy; that Thy Church, being spread through the whole world, may continue, with unchanging faith, in the confession of ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- St. Aldemar: Saint of the Day for Friday, March 24, 2017
- Pope Francis prays for Westminster terror attack victims HD Video
- Outrage as Catholic University erected CROSSES on their own property ...
- 'Living Lent': Friday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 24
- What happened during the London terror attack? HD Video
- Why is this 14-foot statue of Our Lady underwater?
- Daily Readings for Friday, March 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
- Christ's tomb reveals surprise after restoration HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.