Hymn for the Holy Souls (by John Henry Cardinal Newman in 1857)
Those holy souls, they suffer on, Resigned in heart and will, Until Thy high behest is done, And justice has its fill.
For daily falls, for pardoned crime, They joy to undergo The shadow of Thy cross sublime, The remnant of Thy woe.
Help, Lord, the souls which Thou hast made, The souls to Thee so dear, In prison for the debt unpaid Of sins committed here.
Oh, by their patience of delay, Their hope amid their pain, Their sacred zeal to burn away Disfigurement and stain;
Oh, by their fire of love, not less In keenness than the flame, Oh, by their very helplessness, Oh, by Thy own great Name,
Good Jesus, help! sweet Jesus, aid The souls to Thee most dear, In prison for the debt unpaid Of sins committed here.
More Basic Prayers
Showing 1 - 201 of 201
Browser Prayers by Section
Prayer of the Day
How to pray the Rosary
El Rosario Santo
Sign of the Cross
The Way - The First Christians
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Stations of the Cross
Virtual Prayer Candles
by Catholic Online
- A Big Thank You from JESUS IS - The Series HD Video
- St. Maximinus of Trier: Saint of the Day for Monday, May 29, 2017
- Getting Creative With Dead Bodies?
- Jesus Is HERE: Pope Francis declares Jesus intercedes for us every day
- 26 Coptic Christians dead after heinous attack HD Video
- US Archbishop decries President Trump's budget plan - at odds with ...
- Daily Readings for Monday, May 29, 2017
- saint paul
- saint christopher
- st mary
- nicene creed
- our lady of guadalupe
- saint francis of assisi
- young children
- Saint Nicole
- st. michael
- saint francis
- st nicholas
- all saints day
- list of saints
- st anne
- st christopher
- St. Joseph
- juan diego
- francis of assisi
- St. Michael
- Day 5 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 4 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 3 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.