Honorius III Born Cencio Savelli, Honorius III held many church offices and was a tutor to Frederick II before his election to the papacy in 1216. He hoped to preach a crusade that would retake Jerusalem, and he continued the crusade against the Albigenses. He preached a crusade against the Moors in 1218. Honorius blessed the Dominicans, the Franciscans, and the Carmelites; he also encouraged lay tertiaries in these orders. He is the author of Compilata quinta, the first official book of canon law, and wrote biographies of popes Celestine III and Gregory VII. Honorius died in 1227.
Saint Feast Days by Month
"Jesus loved Martha and Mary and Lazarus." This unique statement in John's gospel tells us of the special relationship Jesus had with Martha, her sister, and her brother. Apparently Jesus was a ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
The remarkable woman who would be known as Mother Theresa began life named Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu. Born on August 26, 1910 in Skopje, she was the youngest child born to Nikola and Drane Bojaxhiu, Receiving her First Communion at the age of five, she was confirmed in ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Pope Saint Gregory I, also known as the Great, was the Pope of the Catholic Church between 590 and 604 AD. Gregory was born around 540 in Rome. The exact date of his birth is unknown. Although the Western Roman Empire had collapsed long before his birth, many ancient ... continue reading
By Marshall Connolly (CALIFORNIA NETWORK)
Tomorrow, July 26, is one year after the brutal murder of Fr. Jacques Hamel by ISIS-affiliated terrorists in France. The bishops of France are remembering him today. Reflecting on his passing, millions are asking, is he a saint? LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) -- ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- What happens when Catholics miss the point of their faith?
- Why can't Republicans repeal Obamacare? HD Video
- St. Martha: Saint of the Day for Saturday, July 29, 2017
- Daily Readings for Saturday, July 29, 2017
- Why can't Republicans repeal Obamacare? Maverick senators, for one
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 1st, 2017 HD Video
- Science confirms what Biblical scholars already know - the conquest ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, July 31st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, July 30th, 2017 HD
- What can you expect when you die? Science provides an answer HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 29th, 2017 HD