Author and Publisher - Catholic Online
Wulsin (d. 1002) + Benedictine bishop and monk also called Ultius and Vulsin. A disciple of St. Dunstan, he was named by the saint to serve as superior over the restored community of Westminster, England, circa 960, and eventually became abbot in 980. In 993 he was named bishop of Sherborne, although he remained abbot of Westminster. Feast day: January 8.
Saint Feast Days by Month
Saints Joachim (sometimes spelled "Joaquin," pronounced "wal-keem") and Anne, are the parents of the Virgin Mary. There are no mentions of them in the Bible or Gospels, what we know comes from ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
"Jesus loved Martha and Mary and Lazarus." This unique statement in John's gospel tells us of the special relationship Jesus had with Martha, her sister, and her brother. Apparently Jesus was a frequent guest at Martha's home in Bethany, a small village two miles from ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Edward the Confessor was the son of King Ethelred III and his Norman wife, Emma, daughter of Duke Richard I of Normandy. He was born at Islip, England, and sent to Normandy with his mother in the year 1013 when the Danes under Sweyn and his son Canute invaded England. ... continue reading
By Marshall Connolly (CALIFORNIA NETWORK)
Tomorrow, July 26, is one year after the brutal murder of Fr. Jacques Hamel by ISIS-affiliated terrorists in France. The bishops of France are remembering him today. Reflecting on his passing, millions are asking, is he a saint? LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) -- ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
More Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Archaeologists discover Tabernacle that held the Ark HD Video
- Daily Readings for Thursday, July 27, 2017
- Defrocked pedophile priest, convicted after 'Spotlight' ...
- St. Pantaleon: Saint of the Day for Thursday, July 27, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 28th, 2017 HD Video
- A new coalition for Christian orthodoxy
- A victory for Christianity - President Trump bans transgenderism in ...
- Shut off? What happened to the Vatican water supply! HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 27th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis is set for something big, but what is it? HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, July 26th, 2017 HD