Family: He is truly risen, Alleluia.
Father: The Lord is risen from the grave, Alleluia.
Family: Who hung upon the Cross for us, Alleluia.
Father: Let us pray. O God,
through Thine only-begotten Son
Thou hast overcome death on this day
and hast opened unto us the gate of everlasting
pursue with Thine aid the good resolves Thou hast
and by Thy constant help make them lastingly
Through the same Jesus Christ, Thy Son,
who is living and reigning forever and ever.
Family: Alleluia, Alleluia.
Father: This is the day the Lord has made, Alleluia.
Family: Let us be glad and rejoice in it, Alleluia.
Father: To God the Father let us sing, to God the Son, our
Family: And let us equally adore the Spirit, God forever
Father: Praise the Lord, for He is good,
Family: Sing praise to our Lord, for He is
it is fitting to praise Him.
Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving;
sing praise with the harp to our God,
Who covers the heavens with clouds,
who provides rain for the earth;
Who makes grain sprout on the mountains
and herbs for the service of men;
Who gives food to the cattle,
and to the young ravens when they cry to
In the strength of the steed He delights not,
nor is He pleased with the fleshness of men.
The Lord is pleased with those who fear Him,
and with those who hope for His kindness.
Father: Now when the Sabbath was past,
Mary Magdalen and Mary, the mother of Jesus,
and Salome bought sweet spices that coming they
might anoint Jesus.
And very early in the morning,
the first day of the week,
they came to the sepulchre,
the sun being now risen.
And they said to one another:
Who shall roll us back the stone from the door of
And looking they saw the stone rolled back,
for it was very great.
And entering into the sepulchre
they saw a young man sitting on the right side,
clothed with a white robe;
and they were astonished.
Who saith to them: Be not affrighted.
You seek Jesus of Nazareth who was crucified.
He is risen! He is not here!
Behold the place where they laid Him.
But go tell His disciples, and Peter,
that He goes before you into Galilee
where you shall see him, as He told you. [Mark
[From The Story of the Redemption for Children, copyright
by the Gregorian Institute of America, Toledo, Ohio.]
They placed Him in a tomb of stone,
Dead, all helpless, and alone.
But Easter morn, before the light,
He rose alive in glory bright!
Source: Family Customs: Easter to Pentecost by Helen
McLoughlin, The Liturgical Press, Collegeville,
More Easter Prayers
Showing 1 - 13 of 13
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
O Almighty God, Whose great power and eternal Wisdom embraces the universe, Watch over all policemen and Law enforcement officers everywhere. Protect them from harm In the performance of their duty To stop crime, robbery, Riots and violence. We pray, help them keep our streets And homes safe, ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- A Christian miracle took place at the White House, so why isn't the ...
- St. Cletus: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Decades-old conundrum solved by chance - Can one of nature's squiggly ...
- Pope Francis offers Egypt a special video message - 'I am honoured to ...
- Cherokee Nation sues drug distributors while CDC claims opioid deaths ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, April 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Day 5 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 4 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 HD
- France's Presidential Runoff: Another choice between a nationalist and a globalist HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.