Easter Monday Prayer
Family: He is truly risen, Alleluia.
Father: Let us pray. O God,
through this paschal solemnity Thou hast bestowed
upon the world Thy healing grace;
pursue Thy people, we beseech Thee,
with heavenly gifts so that we may obtain
perfect freedom and arrive at life eternal.
Through Christ our Lord.
Family: Alleluia, Alleluia.
Father: And behold two of them went the same day
to a town which was sixty furlongs from Jerusalem
named Emmaus and they talked together
of all these things which had happened.
And it came to pass
that while they talked and reasoned with
Jesus Himself also, drawing near, went with them.
But their eyes were held that they should not know
and he said to them: What are these discourses
that you hold with one another as you walk,
and are sad?
And one of them whose name was Cleophas
answering said to Him:
Art Thou only a stranger in Jerusalem
And hast not known the things that have been done
in these days?
To whom He said: What things?
And they said: Concerning Jesus of Nazareth
who was a prophet
mighty in work and word
before God and all the people;
and how our chief priests and princes
delivered Him to be condemned to death,
and crucified Him.
But we hoped that it was He that should have
And now besides all this,
today is the third day since these things were
Yea, and certain women also of our company
who before it was light were at the sepulchre
and not finding His body came
saying that they had also seen a vision of angels
who say He is alive.
And some of our people went to the sepulchre
and found it so as the women had said,
but Him they found not.
Then He said to them:
O foolish and slow of heart to believe
in all things which the prophets have spoken.
Ought not the Christ to have suffered these things
and so enter into His glory?
And beginning at Moses and all the prophets
He expounded to them in all the Scriptures
the things that were concerning Him. [Luke 24:13-27]
Source: Family Customs: Easter to Pentecost by Helen
More Easter Prayers
Showing 1 - 13 of 13
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
O Almighty God, Whose great power and eternal Wisdom embraces the universe, Watch over all policemen and Law enforcement officers everywhere. Protect them from harm In the performance of their duty To stop crime, robbery, Riots and violence. We pray, help them keep our streets And homes safe, ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- A Christian miracle took place at the White House, so why isn't the ...
- Decades-old conundrum solved by chance - Can one of nature's squiggly ...
- St. Cletus: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Cherokee Nation sues drug distributors while CDC claims opioid deaths ...
- Pope Francis offers Egypt a special video message - 'I am honoured to ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, April 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Day 5 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 4 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 HD
- France's Presidential Runoff: Another choice between a nationalist and a globalist HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.