Easter Tuesday Prayer
this passage from the
Gospel of Luke concerning the Resurrected Christ on Easter
Father: Christ is risen, Alleluia.
Family: He is truly risen, Alleluia.
Father: Let us pray. O God,
Thou dost increase Thy Church with an offspring
enable Thy servants to reflect in daily living
the power of the mystery they have experienced
Through Christ our Lord.
Family: Alleluia, Alleluia.
Father: Now while they were speaking these things
Jesus stood in their midst and said to them:
"Peace be to you.
It is I, fear not."
But they, being troubled and frightened,
supposed that they saw a spirit.
And He said to them:
"Why are you troubled and why do thoughts arise in
See My hands and feet, that it is I myself.
Handle and see,
for a spirit hath not flesh and bones as you see
Me to have."
And when He had said this He showed them His hands
But while they yet believed not and wondered for
He said: "Have you here anything to eat?"
And they offered Him a piece of a broiled fish and
And when He had eaten before them,
taking the remains, He gave to them. [Luke 24:36-43]
[Source: Family Customs: Easter to Pentecost by Helen
McLoughlin, The Liturgical Press, Collegeville,
More Easter Prayers
Showing 1 - 13 of 13
Browser Prayers by Section
Prayer of the Day
How to pray the Rosary
El Rosario Santo
Sign of the Cross
The Way - The First Christians
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Stations of the Cross
Virtual Prayer Candles
by Catholic Online
- What does the Holy Spirit reveal to us?
- St. Joan of Arc: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, May 30, 2017
- A Big Thank You from JESUS IS - The Series HD Video
- 26 Coptic Christians dead after heinous attack HD Video
- Newborn baby filmed 'WALKING' shortly after birth
- To honor the lost: A brief history of Memorial Day
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, May 30, 2017
- Day 5 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 4 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 3 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.