Easter Vigil -2002-
the night of faith and of hope.
While all is shrouded in darkness,
God, the Light, keeps watch.
With him there keep watch all who hope and trust in Him.
this is truly your night!
As the last lights of the Sabbath are extinguished,
and the fruit of your womb rests in the earth,
your heart too keeps watch!
Your faith and your hope look ahead.
Behind the heavy stone,
they already detect the empty tomb;
behind the thick veil of darkness,
they glimpse the dawn of the Resurrection.
Grant, O Mother, that we too may keep watch in the silence
of the night,
believing and hoping in the Lord's word.
Thus shall we meet, in the fullness of light and life,
Christ, the first-fruits of the risen,
who reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit,
for ever and ever.
Queen of Heaven, rejoice, alleluia!
[Source: L'Osservatore Romano, 3 April 2002, English
More Easter Prayers
Showing 1 - 13 of 13
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Almighty and Everlasting God, You have given the human race Jesus Christ our Savior as a model of humility. He fulfilled Your Will by becoming Man And giving His life on the Cross. Help us to bear witness to You By following His example of suffering And make us worthy to share in His ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- St. Hilary, Pope: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Oarfish strandings in Philippines could mean massive quake coming HD ...
- Who do YOU answer to? Californians prepare safe houses for illegal ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Priest shares Living Rosary on Mardi Gras to bring people back to God
- Here are the answers to the Ash Wednesday quiz. How did you do?
- Pope Francis makes history by celebrating Christ alongside an Anglican Bishop HD
- St. Dominic Savio HD
- Clinton contributor makes revealing 'life insurance' video over fear of assassination HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.