I requested to take his place. I was arrested. The torturers hung me on a tree. I was finally disemboweled. With me, six Monk martyrs, Cleopatra and her, son, John in 307 A.D.
Authorities beheaded the Monk martyrs the following day. 19 Oct. (Probably the same person Varus, Roman soldier martyred in Upper Kemet (Apori, Ori), under Maximian. I was from Setnuf, Kemet 19 Oct.)
Saint Feast Days by Month
Archdeacon and companion of St. Donatus. Andrew and his sister, St. Bridget the Younger, were born in Ireland of noble parents.They were educated by St. Donatus, and when Donatus went on a pilgrimage ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
Saint Josephine Margaret Bakhita was born around 1869 in the village of Olgossa in the Darfur region of Sudan. She was a member of the Daju people and her uncle was a tribal chief. Due to her family lineage, she grew up happy and relatively prosperous, saying that as a ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Augustine of Hippo is the patron of brewers because of his conversion from a former life of loose living, which included parties, entertainment, and worldly ambitions. His complete turnaround and conversion has been an inspiration to many who struggle with a ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD Video
- Statue of St. Serra vandalized, are Christian crosses next?
- 'A Sign of the Times': A warning against 'expelling incoming ...
- St. Andrew the Scot: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- 'Annabelle: Creation': Catholic Exorcist discusses power of hit ...
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian ...
- Jerry Lewis passes away at 91, was most proud of his family HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 HD
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug on her life support HD
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD