Benedictine missionary bishop. Born in Aquitaine, France, and raised in the local court, he studied under St. Sulpicius of Bourges and received ordination. Named the first abbot of Solignac, near Lirnoges by St. Eligius, he later headed the abbey of Cougnon, Luxembourg, and joined the court of King Sigebert II of Austrasia. Under the royal influence, he founded and served as the abbot of the double monastery of Stavelot, Belgium, and Malmedy, Belgium, in the Ardennes. Remaclus was appointed bishop of Maastricht, Netherlands, in 652, earning fame for his missionary zeal, austerities, and devout demeanor. Resigning after eleven years, he retired to Stavelot, where he died.
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Cyril of Alexandria, Bishop and Doctor of the Church (June 27) Cyril was born at Alexandria, Egypt. He was nephew of the patriarch of that city, Theophilus. Cyril received a classical and ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Catherine Laboure, virgin, was born on May 2, 1806. At an early age she entered the community of the Daughters of Charity, in Paris, France. Three times in 1830 the Virgin Mary appeared to St. Catherine Laboure, who then was a twenty-four year old novice. On July ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
St. Henry, son of Henry, Duke of Bavaria, and of Gisella, daughter of Conrad, King of Burgundy, was born in 972. He received an excellent education under the care of St. Wolfgang, Bishop of Ratisbon. In 995, St. Henry succeeded his father as Duke of Bavaria, and in ... continue reading
By Deacon Keith Fournier
Father, raise up women like Catherine of Siena for this new missionary age of your Church. Women who are so in love with you, and so conformed to the Image of your Son, they can do for your Church in this hour, what she did in her own. Saints are a gift for the ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Loch Ness Monster sighted again? New photo sparks debate
- St. Cyril of Alexandria: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- British Medical Association considers abortion until birth! 1,500 ...
- Older Catholics play IMPORTANT role in shaping new generations, says ...
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD