Facing Life: A Prayer on Graduation Day - Matthew, 5:13-16
Lord Jesus, you have said that your followers must be the
light to the world*.
Light propagates itself, dispels darkness.
It sows rays of joy and hope. It is lifegiving.
Help me, Lord, to be a light to this world,
so that my life radiate your message of love, hope, and
May I be the beacon leading to You those who seek truth.
You also said, Lord Jesus,
that your disciples must be the salt to this earth.
Salt gives taste to food.
It retards spoilage.
It is also a healing agent.
Lord, may I be the salt
that takes away the blandness in the routine of living,
that prevents the rottenness of hatred and greed from
expanding around me,
that brings compassionate healing to anguished souls I
Lord, help me to be "worth my salt."
And infuse your "saltiness" in me, so that I do not
become "flat" and useless.
"Be the leaven to the world," said You to your friends.
Bread, a staple of life, and cakes, always present at
would be dull and lifeless without the tiny bit of yeast.
Without it, the dough remains inert, hard.
Elsewhere, You also told us to multiply our talents.
You thus expect that we use the talents you gave us as the
leaven to this world.
Teach me, Lord Jesus, that alone I am insignificant,
but mixed with the talents of my brothers and sisters,
I can lift this world out of its insipid mediocrity.
May I be a bit of leaven in the Bread of Life,
and a sign of Your celebration in this life and life
Lord, on this "commencement" day,
let there be a beginning of my life.
In the days of darkness, be my Light,
so that in turn I can radiate your truth and your message
of love, hope, and joy.
In the days of blandness and of blahs,
Lord, be my Salt, so that in turn I can fend off the
the staleness, the mediocrity around me.
In the days when I am flat on my back or fall flat on my
Lord, be my Leaven, so that not only can I rise again,
but also raise the downhearted to the celebration of your
And Lord, thank You, for the school years, for the talents
More Life Prayers
Showing 1 - 23 of 23
A Guide for Confession
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Eternal rest, grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace. Amen. continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Report claims extreme weather on DECLINE - but is someone lying?
- 'Acid is now a fashionable weapon of choice' - Britain averages one ...
- It feels great to win! Here's the list of things President Trump has ...
- St. Catherine of Siena: Saint of the Day for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 HD Video
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt with powerful message HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 1st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 30th, 2017 HD
- Day 9 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 8 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.