A Lenten Prayer called the Passion
by Your Passion and Resurrection
You brought life to the world.
But the glory of the Resurrection
came only after the sufferings of the Passion.
You laid down Your life willingly
and gave up everything for us.
Your body was broken and fastened to a Cross,
Your clothing became the prize of soldiers,
your blood ebbed slowly but surely away,
and Your Mother was entrusted to the beloved disciple.
Stretched out on the Cross,
deprived of all earthly possessions and human aid,
You cried out to Your Father that the end had come.
You had accomplished the work given You,
and You committed into His hands,
as a perfect gift,
the little life that remained to You.
Lord, teach me to accept all afflictions
after the example You have given.
Let me place my death in Yours
and my weakness in Your abandonment,
Take hold of me with Your love,
that same foolish love that knew no limits,
and let me offer myself to the Father
with You so that I may rise with You to eternal life.
More Lent Prayers
Showing 1 - 26 of 26
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
(Composed by Archbishop Carroll in 1800.) We pray Thee, O Almighty and Eternal God, who through Jesus Christ hast revealed Thy glory to all nations, to preserve the works of Thy mercy; that Thy Church, being spread through the whole world, may continue, with unchanging faith, in the confession of ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Why is this 14-foot statue of Our Lady underwater?
- St. Aldemar: Saint of the Day for Friday, March 24, 2017
- Daily Readings for Friday, March 24, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Friday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 24
- What happened during the London terror attack? HD Video
- Outrage as Catholic University erected CROSSES on their own property ...
- Pope Francis prays for Westminster terror attack victims HD Video
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
- Christ's tomb reveals surprise after restoration HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.