Prayer for Palm Sunday and Holy Week
Mother or a child:
(Taken from the words of Pope Pius XII On the Sacred Liturgy. )
Dearly beloved, in Holy Week, when the most bitter sufferings of Jesus Christ are put before us by the liturgy, the Church invites us to come to Calvary and follow in the blood-stained footsteps of the Divine Redeemer, to carry the Cross willingly with Him, to reproduce in our hearts His spirit of expiation and atonement, and to die together with Him.
We ought to glory in the Cross of our Lord Jesus Christ
in whom is our salvation, life and resurrection.
Let us pray.
All-powerful, eternal God, You have chosen to give mankind a model of humility;
our Savior took on our flesh, and subjected Himself to the Cross. Grant us the grace to preserve faithfully the lessons
He has given us in his Passion and to have a share in His resurrection. This we ask of You through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son.
Favour this dwelling, Lord, with Your presence. Far from it repulse all the wiles of Satan. Your holy angels, let them live here, to keep us in peace. And may your blessing remain always upon us. This we ask of You through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son.
Let us bless the Lord.
Thanks be to God.
May the almighty and merciful Lord, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, bless and keep us.
More Lent Prayers
Showing 1 - 26 of 26
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
Dear Jesus, Divine Physician and Healer of the sick, we turn to you in this time of illness. O dearest comforter of the troubled, alleviate our worry and sorrow with your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden. Dear God, we place our worries in your hands. We place our sick ... continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD Video
- Victims of a failing system or child abusers? Couple leaves young ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Berthold: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- Newborn rescued from shallow grave as India murders its daughters
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Wednesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 29
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.