Prayer for Good Friday
Jesus lives His entire life for his journey or a child:
under the Cross of salvation. St. John's Gospel gives us some of His last words (12:27-33):
Now my soul is troubled. And what shall I say! Father, save me from this hour. No, this is why I came to this hour! Father, glorify thy Name. There came therefore a voice from heaven: I have both glorified it, and I will glorify it again.
Now is the judgment of the world, now will the prince of the world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up, will draw all things to myself.
He humbled Himself becoming obedient unto death, even to death on a Cross. Therefore God also has exalted Him and has bestowed upon Him the Name that is above every name, so that at the Name of Jesus, every knee should bend of those in heaven, on earth and under the earth, and every tongue should confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is in the glory of God the Father.
We adore Your Cross, O Lord, and we praise and glorify Your holy resurrection
Because by this sacred wood joy has come into the whole world.
Let us pray. We beseech you, O God, look upon this Your family for whom our Lord Jesus Christ allowed Himself to be betrayed
into the hands of wicked men and to undergo the torment of the Cross. In His Name grant our petition.
More Lent Prayers
Showing 1 - 26 of 26
- Your candle will serve as a symbol of your sincere and prayerful intentions.
- Our prayer community will join you in prayer, multiplying the voices in petition with you.
- Your candle can be shared with friends and family, if you wish.
- These candles are perfect for loved ones, as memorials, and for those in need who are far away.
O Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I offer You my prayers, works, joys and sufferings, all that this day may bring, be they good or bad: for the love of God, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for all the sins committed against the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. continue readingMore Prayer of the Day
In the centuries old Catholic tradition, holy cards or prayer cards are small, devotional cards for the use of the faithful. Prayer cards have an endless amount of use and make wonderful gifts and keepsakes.
Pick a Prayer Section
by Catholic Online
- Who do YOU answer to? Californians prepare safe houses for illegal ...
- St. Hilary, Pope: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Oarfish strandings in Philippines could mean massive quake coming HD ...
- Priest shares Living Rosary on Mardi Gras to bring people back to God
- Here are the answers to the Ash Wednesday quiz. How did you do?
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 1st, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Pope Francis makes history by celebrating Christ alongside an Anglican Bishop HD
- St. Dominic Savio HD
- Clinton contributor makes revealing 'life insurance' video over fear of assassination HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.